[PATCH v6 0/6] arm64: add seccomp support
takahiro.akashi at linaro.org
Thu Aug 21 01:56:39 PDT 2014
This patch series enable secure computing (system call filtering) on arm64,
and contain related enhancements and bug fixes.
This code was tested on ARMv8 fast model with 64-bit/32-bit userspace
* libseccomp v2.1.1 with modifications for arm64, especially its "live"
tests: No.20, 21 and 24.
* modified version of Kees' seccomp test for 'changing/skipping a syscall'
and seccomp() system call
* in-house tests for 'changing/skipping a system call' in tracing with
ptrace(PTRACE_SYSCALL) (that is, without seccomp)'
with and without audit tracing.
Changes v5 -> v6:
* rebased to v3.17-rc
* changed the interface of changing/skipping a system call from re-writing
x8 register [v5 1/3] to using dedicated PTRACE_SET_SYSCALL command
Patch [1/6] contains a checkpatch error around a switch statement, but it
won't be fixed as in compat_arch_ptrace().
* added a new system call, seccomp(), for compat task [4/6]
* added SIGSYS siginfo for compat task [5/6]
* changed to always execute audit exit tracing to avoid OOPs [2/6, 6/6]
Changes v4 -> v5:
* rebased to v3.16-rc
* add patch [1/3] to allow ptrace to change a system call
(please note that this patch should be applied even without seccomp.)
Changes v3 -> v4:
* removed the following patch and moved it to "arm64: prerequisites for
audit and ftrace" patchset since it is required for audit and ftrace in
case of !COMPAT, too.
"arm64: is_compat_task is defined both in asm/compat.h and linux/compat.h"
Changes v2 -> v3:
* removed unnecessary 'type cast' operations [2/3]
* check for a return value (-1) of secure_computing() explicitly [2/3]
* aligned with the patch, "arm64: split syscall_trace() into separate
functions for enter/exit" [2/3]
* changed default of CONFIG_SECCOMP to n [2/3]
Changes v1 -> v2:
* added generic seccomp.h for arm64 to utilize it [1,2/3]
* changed syscall_trace() to return more meaningful value (-EPERM)
on seccomp failure case [2/3]
* aligned with the change in "arm64: make a single hook to syscall_trace()
for all syscall features" v2 [2/3]
* removed is_compat_task() definition from compat.h [3/3]
AKASHI Takahiro (6):
arm64: ptrace: add PTRACE_SET_SYSCALL
arm64: ptrace: allow tracer to skip a system call
asm-generic: add generic seccomp.h for secure computing mode 1
arm64: add seccomp syscall for compat task
arm64: add SIGSYS siginfo for compat task
arm64: add seccomp support
arch/arm64/Kconfig | 14 ++++++++++++
arch/arm64/include/asm/compat.h | 7 ++++++
arch/arm64/include/asm/ptrace.h | 9 ++++++++
arch/arm64/include/asm/seccomp.h | 25 ++++++++++++++++++++++
arch/arm64/include/asm/unistd.h | 5 ++++-
arch/arm64/include/asm/unistd32.h | 3 +++
arch/arm64/include/uapi/asm/ptrace.h | 1 +
arch/arm64/kernel/entry.S | 6 ++++++
arch/arm64/kernel/ptrace.c | 39 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
arch/arm64/kernel/signal32.c | 8 +++++++
include/asm-generic/seccomp.h | 28 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
11 files changed, 143 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 arch/arm64/include/asm/seccomp.h
create mode 100644 include/asm-generic/seccomp.h
More information about the linux-arm-kernel