[GIT PULL] at91: move of AIC drivers for 3.17: fixes #1

Nicolas Ferre nicolas.ferre at atmel.com
Mon Aug 18 06:42:10 PDT 2014

On 15/08/2014 17:05, Jason Cooper :
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 04:41:50PM +0200, Boris BREZILLON wrote:

>>> Then why did I create a topic branch for you to base on?
>>>
>>>   git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux.git irqchip/atmel-aic
>>
>> Don't blame Nicolas for this, he was in vacation when you created this
>> branch (he came back this week), and I should have told you that he
>> couldn't use it for this release cycle.
>
> 'Blame' is too strong a word. :)  It was more of a friendly, "wtf?"  I
> guess I could have worded it better...

>>> Well, this is certainly up to Arnd, Olof and Kevin, but it seems a bit
>>> unusual.  You're basically asking to merge changes into the current window
>>> that has had _no_ time in -next...  Sounds like a recipe for trouble to
>>> me.
>>>
>>> In the future, please let me know if you're not going to need a topic
>>> branch.
>>
>> This is all my fault, I'm the one who asked Nicolas to get these patches
>> merged in 3.17, and, as I said, I should have told you that he was in
>> vacation and thus could not use your topic branch for this release
>> cycle.
>
> Ah, no problem.  If there was nothing exciting going on in the SoC
> directory, I probably could have kept the whole series together in one
> branch with just an Ack.  But that's water under the bridge now.
>
> We'll see what arm-soc says, but I suspect it's going to be wait for the
> next window...

Jason,

(back in the game, recovering an Internet access in Chicago)

Yes, bad timing for this material indeed but I tried to explain lengthy
what to expect from these patches, what was the at91 irqchip drivers
situation in 3.17 and, I believe, not pushing arm-soc guys at all.

So, for sure I tried something a little bit weird I admit, and well, now
I am happily to re-purpose this for 3.18. There is absolutely no problem
to wait a little bit more on my side.

Anyway, thanks for your help with the review and your topic branch.

Bye,
--
Nicolas Ferre