[GIT PULL 2/7] ARM: SoC platform changes for 3.17

Brian Norris computersforpeace at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 12:51:37 PDT 2014

+ other involved parties

On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 09:47:54AM -0700, Olof Johansson wrote:
> This is the bulk of new SoC enablement and other platform changes for 3.17:
[...]
> * Broadcom BCM7xxx settop box chipset is introduced
[...]
> Marc Carino (1):
>       ARM: brcmstb: add infrastructure for ARM-based Broadcom STB SoCs

I realize this is a bit late (the pull request is already merged), but
I'd like to be up-front about this: there were some (late) oustanding
review comments made on this patch [1]. I have a few patches queued
locally for addressing many of them, but not all of the issues are
completely resolved.

Shall I simply send a revert patch for the
arch/arm/mach-bcm/platsmp-brcmstb.c stuff, and get it in through the
bcm -> arm-soc -> Linus merge path in 3.17-rcX? Or should I take the
incremental improvement approach, as we have functioning code with no
clear alternative proposal yet?

Again, sorry for the late noise.

Brian

[1] version 8 patch: