[RFC 0/8] DPCM with simple-card support for Kirkwood

Jean-Francois Moine moinejf at free.fr
Wed Aug 6 11:29:04 PDT 2014

On Wed, 6 Aug 2014 19:53:13 +0200
Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn.ch> wrote:

> Does it not work correctly because of a property of the hardware, or
> because of bugs in the DPCM implementation? From what you pointed out
> in the mailing lists, it seems like bugs.

As I explained, DPCM shunts the routing. The constraints are not
handled, so, the formats and rates are always those of the front-end.
And this is normal, because DPCM is done for devices with a firmware
which adapts the back-ends to the chosen front-end format and rate.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/