Use of drivers/platform and matching include?

Kumar Gala galak at codeaurora.org
Thu Oct 3 10:45:38 EDT 2013

As we look at upstreaming more support for the Qualcomm MSM SoCs there are a number of drivers or library like routines that are unique to the MSM platform, we are thinking that putting them under:

drivers/platform/qcom/

would make sense.  In addition there are headers that might need to get shared with drivers in other locations so I wanted to see what the take was on introducing:

include/linux/platform/qcom/

An example driver would be the means we utilize to communicate memory regions between various HW blocks on the SoC.  So a video/media core driver might need access to a header/functions from the memory region driver.

- k

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation