Armada XP doesn't boot in v3.12-rc3

Matthew Minter matthew_minter at xyratex.com
Thu Oct 3 05:41:07 EDT 2013

Hi,

It seems the latest build of "for-next" from
git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu.git works the charm.
For reference I have a version of uBoot that came with the board, I am
reluctant to reflash it as I would then have no way of recovering and
it has not seemed to cause any issues anyway. (the only drawback is
that it seems to prefer to appended dtb image and not explicit
passing).

The version is as follows but is likely not useful as it seems to be a
build customised for the hardware, it does support uImages and the new
format however:

U-Boot 2011.12-00036-g664db9a-dirty (Oct 16 2012 - 14:12:23) Marvell
version: 2012_Q4.1

I am still working through some small driver issues (trying to mount
various SSDs) but the early boot failure is resolved with those
patches and the default configuration (plus early printk).

Thank you all so much for the help, I think this board is now working
fine but will report any other issues I come across later.

Best regards,
Matthew