[patch 0/8] genirq: Support for irq domains in generic irq chip - V2

Gerlando Falauto gerlando.falauto at keymile.com
Tue Oct 1 11:27:31 EDT 2013

Hi Thomas, Sebastian,

I see these changes made it to 3.11.
AFAICT though, 3.10.9 still has the original bug (the one that got me to
write the patch for handling separate mask registers) and I am bit
confused as to how to integrate that back into 3.10 (or any previous
affected kernels, as they deserve a fix as well!).

The way I understand it, any mainstream patch would be based on this
work, which is not available on previous kernels. And I guess
backporting the whole thing would be overkill.
So I believe the only way to fix it on older kernels would be to write
one (or more) minimal version-specific patch series.
But then I wonder: would that be acceptable material for linux-stable?

Please correct me if I'm totally wrong here. I'm willing to help & test
but I need directions.

Thanks,
Gerlando