amba-pl08x and 'get_signal' namespace collision/build error

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Jun 27 05:46:51 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 04:09:30PM +0530, Vinod Koul wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 09:19:09AM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 10:18:42AM +0530, Vinod Koul wrote:
> > > Yup. This is fixed in slave-dma tree by a patch from mark by renaming it.
> > >
> > > This should not show in the -next tree
> >
> > Except, that change probably is probably responsible for this new error:
> >
> > drivers/dma/amba-pl08x.c: In function 'pl08x_request_mux':
> > drivers/dma/amba-pl08x.c:304:13: error: expected identifier before '(' token
> This was pushed four days ago and havent seen any error report expect this.
>
> Anyway I rebuild my -next and looks fine for me
>
>   CC      drivers/dma/dmaengine.o
>   CC      drivers/dma/virt-dma.o
>   CC      drivers/dma/iovlock.o
>   CC [M]  drivers/dma/dmatest.o
>   CC      drivers/dma/amba-pl08x.o
>   LD      drivers/dma/built-in.o
>
> Can you share your config which failed for you?
>
> Mark, I believe you are testing for this, have you seen above error?

Right, what's going on is that I have a commit in my tree which adds an
include to asm/pgtable.h which introduces a #define for get_signal.
This becomes visible to amba-pl08x.c.

However, my build test tree fails *every* time because what I'm building
is Linus' tree, my tree plus arm-soc, and it doesn't include your tree.
This makes my build testing for the next merge window impossible.

So, I need the fix to pl08x.c merged into my tree.