OMAP baseline test results for v3.10-rc6

Lokesh Vutla lokeshvutla at ti.com
Thu Jun 27 00:17:28 EDT 2013

Hi Paul,
On Wednesday 26 June 2013 10:56 PM, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jun 2013, Rajendra Nayak wrote:
>
>> Apart from confirming if you are manually enabling these options, can you also give some
>> details on how you append the dtb to the kernel image?
>>
>> Most of us use an out-of-tree patch from Grant to do this, which I have shared below [2]
>>
>> Even without the patch with the below commands [1] to append the dtb, it still works, so it
>> would be good to know what steps you follow to append the dtb to the kernel image.
>
> Here's how I do it:
>
> ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=${TOOLCHAIN_PATH}/bin/${TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX} nice make -j$CORES zImage am335x-bone.dtb
>
> cat arch/arm/boot/zImage arch/arm/boot/am335x-bone.dtb > arch/arm/boot/zImage-dtb.am335x-bone
Here is the catch..
Your dtb is generated in arch/arm/boot/dts/ folder(before V3.8 dtb was
generated in arch/arm/boot).
You are using very old dtb file. Please delete all your dtb files in
arch/arm/boot/ folder and check once.
Here is the patch from Grant Likely which does that.
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/1813321/
Can you please give a try updating this ..:)

Thanks and regards,
Lokesh