OMAP baseline test results for v3.10-rc6

Kevin Hilman khilman at linaro.org
Wed Jun 26 19:57:38 EDT 2013

Tom Rini <trini at ti.com> writes:

> On 06/26/2013 01:58 PM, Paul Walmsley wrote:
>> On Wed, 26 Jun 2013, Tom Rini wrote:
>>
>>> OK, is there a reason to not be using omap2plus_defconfig?  My pass/fail
>>> here is based on that config and enabling, or not, dtb append.  Seems
>>> like it would be one less thing to maintain on your end and it would be
>>> on TIs end (roughly speaking) to make sure our platforms that ought to
>>> be working upstream have what they need enabled in the defconfig(s) in
>>> question.
>>
>> That would be convenient for me, but part of the goal is to verify that a
>> Kconfig that deselects all OMAPs other than AM33xx continues to work.
>>
>> So the build process for am33xx_only here goes something like:
>>
>> 1. Start with omap2plus_defconfig
>>
>> 2. Turn off support for everything other than AM33xx in the SoC target
>> selection menus
>>
>> 3. Turn on the appended DTB and compat ATAGs options
>>
>> You might consider adding something like this to your pass/fail tests.
>
> Adding more and different build+boot tests is on the list.  I guess you
> could automate this with a fraagment of everything am33xx must have to
> boot+root and alldefconfig for the rest?

Since I recently discovered scripts/kconfig/merge_config.sh, I thought
I'd share a very convenient way of automating the variations on a
kconfig theme, just in case I'm not the last one to discover this useful
tool.

For example, I have the following in am335x_only.config:

  CONFIG_ARCH_OMAP2=n
  CONFIG_ARCH_OMAP3=n
  CONFIG_ARCH_OMAP4=n
  CONFIG_SOC_OMAP5=n
  CONFIG_SOC_AM33XX=y

Then I run:

  scripts/kconfig/merge_config.sh arch/arm/configs/omap2plus_defconfig /path/to/am335x_only.config

This gives me omap2plus_defconfig with overrides from my fragment.

Kevin