OMAP baseline test results for v3.10-rc6

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Wed Jun 26 05:15:22 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 04:22:29PM -0400, Tom Rini wrote:
> On 06/25/2013 03:57 PM, Kevin Hilman wrote:
> > Just to confirm, my problems with mainline were with appended DTB also.
> > Separate DTB and zImage work fine (at least using u-boot v2013.04.)
> >
> > That being said, appended DTB should still work, so there's a bug hiding
> > someplace that needs to be found fixed.
>
> Since we've narrowed down what the problem is, someone can bisect it
> now, yeah.
>
> > Can you guys update your tests to test appended DTB also?
>
> What is the official position on appending DTBs?

If a platform goes from being able to boot without a DTB to requiring
a DTB, we must continue to support booting on that platform in some
manner otherwise it is a regression.

And no, I don't term upgrading uboot as an acceptable regression fix.
So if appended DTB doesn't work, that needs fixing before the non-DTB
support for a platform is removed, otherwise we _will_ have a regression.