OMAP baseline test results for v3.10-rc6

Lokesh Vutla lokeshvutla at ti.com
Wed Jun 26 05:21:09 EDT 2013

Hi Paul,
On Tuesday 25 June 2013 11:50 PM, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> + Vaibhav and Kevin
>
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 25 Jun 2013, Felipe Balbi wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 05:23:17AM +0000, Paul Walmsley wrote:
>>> Boot to userspace:
>>>      FAIL ( 3/12): 37xxevm, am335xbone, am335xbonelt
>>
>> Paul, we have at least 2 different folks who can't reproduce your bone
>> and bone black boot to userspace failures. I wonder how you're trying to
>> boot them.
>>
>> Care to share your test scripts ?
>
> Sure... the methodology is completely open and has been posted in the
> online logs since the first test cycle.  (For some reason, almost no one
> clicks through the test directory trees that I post online.  Is this a
> documentation issue?  What can we do to make it easier for people to
> explore this?)
>
> Anyway, for BeagleBone white, here's the last working test log, from 3.7:
>
> http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.7/20121211094536/boot/am335xbone/am335xbone_log.txt
>
> The concatenated kernel and DTB, along with the Kconfig used to build, are
> here:
>
> http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.7/20121211094536/build/am33xx_only/
>
> The boot broke immediately afterwards with v3.8-rc1 and has never worked
> since:
>
> http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.8-rc1/20121228031713/boot/am335xbone/
>
> You can find all of the archived testlogs here:
>
> http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/
>
> You'll probably only be interested in the ones that start with "test_v3.".

> As for BeagleBone Black, here's the latest non-booting log:
>
> http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.10-rc6/20130616211951/boot/am335xbonelt/am335x-bone/am335xbonelt_log.txt
I checked your am33xx-only build config for v3.10-rc6 here:
http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.10-rc6/20130616211951/build/am33xx_only/am33xx_only
I can see that you are disabling config MACH_OMAP_GENERIC
"# CONFIG_MACH_OMAP_GENERIC is not set"
If this is not selected you cannot boot with dt.
I copied your config and selected "CONFIG_MACH_OMAP_GENERIC"
then it boots fine.

Thanks and regards,
Lokesh