DUAL/QUAD SPI SUPPORT

王宇航 wangyuhang2014 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 06:33:17 EDT 2013

HI

I met some troubles in development and I really hope that you can give
me a hand, Thanks a lot.

Question:
Now I am in developing SPI Controller Driver. But our SPI Controller
supports DUAL and QUAD modes and the slave device is a flash
chip(which also support DUAL and QUAD). Linux kernel version I am
working with is 3.0.39 and I also have checked the latest version 3.9.4,
but there is no members in the SPI related struction to support DUAL and
QUAD. In that situation I have to add members in "struct spi_transfer"
which provide the flash transfer mode(DUAL/QUAD) to spi driver.
1:So I want to know the reason that why linux SPI do not support DUAL
and QUAD modes.
2:What I expect is to add members in "struct spi_transfer" so that
slave can provide the information. Is that any problems exist?
If you think that is possible, I can provide the patch and some details

  Thank you