[V2 5/7] video: mmp: add pitch info in mmp_win structure

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Jun 24 12:17:41 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 4:34 AM, jett zhou <jett.zhou at gmail.com> wrote:
>     pitch is used to represent line length in byte, the usage depends
> on pix_fmt.
>     If the fmt is YUV , the pitch[0] will be Y length, pitch[1] will
> be U length, pitch[2] will be V lenth.
>     If the fmt is RGB, the picth[0] will be line lenth, and
> pitch[1]/pitch[2] will be 0 and not be used.

This description is clear, thanks - hopefully you can write it with
such clarity in the comment :)

>     For the patch rolling, do you mean combine the patch5 and patch6
> by one patch?

I view patch 6 as a cleanup (consolidating and removing duplication of
code), so I would leave that one separate. Patch 6 should not interact
with any pitch[] stuff.

Then you can write a followup patch which adds the pitch[] header,
*and* modifies mmpfb_set_par() to write to pitch[], *and* acts upon
pitch[] in dmafetch_set_fmt (patch 7). This way, the pitch variable is
defined, documented, written to, and acted upon all in the same patch,
the meaning will then be very clear.

Thanks
Daniel