[BISECTED] 3.10-rc1 OMAP1 GPIO IRQ regression

Aaro Koskinen aaro.koskinen at iki.fi
Sun Jun 23 19:43:26 EDT 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 01:06:37AM +0200, Javier Martinez Canillas wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM, Aaro Koskinen <aaro.koskinen at iki.fi> wrote:
> > What is the status of this patch? We're already at 3.10-rc7 and GPIO
> > IRQs are still broken on OMAP1.

[...]

> There is a problem with this patch.

[...]

> So I think that the correct solution is to add SPARSE_IRQ support to
> omap1 and not reverting Jon's patch. Of course this may not be
> possible since we are so close to 3.10 and most OMAP patches already
> merged for 3.11 but we should definitely try to have this at least for
> 3.12. Otherwise we won't be able to move to DT-only booting for
> OMAP2+.

OMAP1 does not use DT. So we could put this code under #ifdef
CONFIG_ARCH_OMAP1 or similar. It's just a few lines of code. OMAP2+
work should not regress OMAP1.

Demanding SPARSE_IRQ support for OMAP1 should have been discussed before
these changes were made. It's not reasonable to assume such things can
be made during rc-cycle. Also, now, I don't think it's reasonable to
wait for that to be done, as it would take until 3.12 or even later to
get OMAP1 functional again.

A.