[PATCH v2 1/2] gpio-rcar: Reference core gpio documentation in the DT bindings
laurent.pinchart+renesas at ideasonboard.com
Tue Jun 18 06:29:48 EDT 2013
Replaced the detailed gpio-ranges documentation with a reference to the
code gpio DT bindings, and mention the gpio flags symbolic names.
Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas at ideasonboard.com>
.../devicetree/bindings/gpio/renesas,gpio-rcar.txt | 18 ++++++------------
1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/renesas,gpio-rcar.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/renesas,gpio-rcar.txt
index 46d76a0..cb3dc7b 100644
@@ -16,18 +16,12 @@ Required Properties:
- gpio-controller: Marks the device node as a gpio controller.
- #gpio-cells: Should be 2. The first cell is the GPIO number and the second
- cell is used to specify optional parameters as bit flags. Only the GPIO
- active low flag (bit 0) is currently supported.
- - gpio-ranges: Range of pins managed by the GPIO controller as a 4-cells
- tuple using the following syntax.
- <[phandle of the pin controller node]
- [index of the first pin]
- [number of pins]>
-Please refer to gpio.txt in this directory for details of the common GPIO
-bindings used by client devices.
+ cell specifies GPIO flags, as defined in <dt-bindings/gpio/gpio.h>. Only the
+ GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH and GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW flags are supported.
+ - gpio-ranges: Range of pins managed by the GPIO controller.
+Please refer to gpio.txt in this directory for details of gpio-ranges property
+and the common GPIO bindings used by client devices.
Example: R8A7779 (R-Car H1) GPIO controller nodes
More information about the linux-arm-kernel