MUSB multiplatform work?

Jassi Brar jassisinghbrar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 11:57:21 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Vinod Koul <vinod.koul at intel.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 05:27:53PM +0530, Jassi Brar wrote:
>> IIRC,  TI's Sundaram Raju proposed a TI specific api to DMAEngine for
>> this very purpose, which was generalized into
>> device_prep_interleaved_dma().  Which I think should already be enough
>> to serve the purpose. Is it not?
> The interleaved for having to get/set data from interleaved or an 2d array.
> Think of a raw image from camera where you need to get some region only and skip
> rest. In those case interleaved API helps

IIRC I designed the interleaved api ;)  and I am sure it was not
designed solely for async, rather the first users of the api are
slave.

> Here this is just normal slave DMA with changing FIFO address and which just
> loops over the FIFO value

It is possible that I didn't understand the OMAP usecase and the
interleave api won't work, but if it does work please let us not
introduce yet another api for a 'normal' usecase.

In fact my bigger plan was to call the api 'generic' and have it
eventually consume most, if not all, dma_transaction_type's but then
we couldn't see the same and I got busy with non-dma stuff ...
anyways.

cheers.