[GIT PULL] nommu-fixes, r7 and MPU support for 3.11

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Mon Jun 17 11:48:30 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 04:25:13PM +0100, Jonathan Austin wrote:
> > You need to ensure that arm_elf_read_implies_exec()
> > returns appropriately for MPU (it needs to return 1 for MPU.)
> >

> This requirement I wasn't aware of, however. Is it still relevant when we don't have
> elf support (which we don't, without an MMU?)
>
> It looks to me like binfmt_flat never uses elf_read_implies_exec()...

Well, something needs to set READ_IMPLIES_EXEC in the personality bitmask.
It's not a biggie as the hardware doesn't honour PROT_EXEC, but it's
something to bear in mind if you ever do consider adding that support.

It's interesting that the nommu code does seem to honour READ_IMPLIES_EXEC,
but I haven't found anywhere in the nommu stuff which sets this flag..
but then I haven't looked that hard.