[GIT PULL] arm: arch_timer cleanups and niceties for 3.11

Mark Rutland mark.rutland at arm.com
Mon Jun 17 09:29:43 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 02:20:05PM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:04:57AM +0100, Mark Rutland wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 07, 2013 at 06:39:02PM +0100, Mark Rutland wrote:
> > > Hi Russell,
> > >
> > > Please pull these arch_timer cleanups I've been holding onto for a while.
> > > They're the same as my last posting [1], but have been rebased to v3.10-rc3.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mark.
> > >
> > > [1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2013-May/170602.html
> >
> > It looks like there was a final ARM_ARCH_TIMER select in multi_v7_defconfig
> > that's causing architected timer support to not get selected, which the patch
> > below should fix if appended to the series. I've grepped for ARM_ARCH_TIMER,
> > and it looks like it's the the last remaining occurence.
>
> So what do you want to do with this?  Is it needed to be included in your
> set of patches in your pull request?

Sorry, I was a bit trigger happy with this patch. It doesn't need to go through
with the patches in the pull request, and I think the patches I posted earlier
today [1] are a better solution.

> And I think I remember seeing some other patches related to this change
> too...

Indeed. They should be able to go through separately as there's no strict
dependence.

[1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2013-June/177001.html

Thanks,
Mark.