MUSB multiplatform work?

Vinod Koul vinod.koul at intel.com
Wed Jun 12 06:05:42 EDT 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:19:33PM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com> wrote:
>
> > There are many devices where the device FIFO is memory mapped to the
> > GPMC bus on omaps, like TUSB, OneNAND, smc911x etc. I believe the
> > only reason why these have not been converted to the dmaengine is
> > the fact that dmaengine cannot configure the DMA hardware to do
> > autoincrement and loop over the device FIFO.
>
> OK that seems like something pretty generic that we could just add
> to the struct dma_slave_config actually, something like:
>
> u32 src_fifoloop;
> u32 dst_fifoloop;
Yes for genric but not for loop. For most of our cases we are considering the
FIFO address as a constant. Typically DMA controllers have this ability to
perform incremental/decremental/constant FIFO address.

What would make sense to have is:

enum dmaengine_slave_addr_mode {
	DMAENGINE_SLAVE_ADDR_CONSTANT = 0,
	DMAENGINE_SLAVE_ADDR_INCREMANT,
	DMAENGINE_SLAVE_ADDR_DECREMENT,
};

and add these to struct dma_slave_config:
	enum dmaengine_slave_addr_mode src_mode;
	enum dmaengine_slave_addr_mode dstn_mode;

For loopover we can have:
	u32 loop_counter;

on 0 means no loop, and valid value tells when to loopover (offset).

will this help for all of the above controllers and their conversion?

--
~Vinod