[Arm-netbook] getting allwinner SoC support upstream (was Re: Uploading linux (3.9.4-1))

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jun 7 17:41:12 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
<linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 07, 2013 at 08:18:14PM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
>> <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
>> > Luke Leighton on the other hand is demanding that we
>>
>>  no demands have been made, russell: i've informed you of an immovable
>> deadline which will pass beyond which the opportunity being presented
>> is lost.
>
> " well, tough.  get me up to speed, *fast*.  please stop wasting time
> like this: get me up to speed."
>
> That is a demand.  On the other hand this would not be:
>
> "Can someone please get me up to speed on this?"  That is a request.

 thank you for the correction.

 can someone please get me up to speed on this?  i've collated peoples
very gratefully received responses so far, here:
 http://hands.com/~lkcl/allwinner_linux_proposal.txt

> Please let those who are already working with Allwinner continue to
> work with them rather than spending time needlessly with someone who
> clearly doesn't have any idea about what they say even from one moment
> to the next.

 1) correct: i don't.  i've been caught off-guard by this: it's very
short notice, and i have limited time available.  i'm doing the best i
can to correct mistakes as i go along, but i *don't have time* to
observe the niceties, dot all the i's or cross all the t's.

 2) that appears to be a request to a large audience.  i have to point
out to that audience: end result of complying with the request above
will be that the free software community suffers as a result of losing
the opportunity to speak to - and therefore influence - the Directors
of one of the world's most successful, fastest growing [and also very
young and inexperienced] SoC fabless semiconductor company.

 please make your own choice.

 l.