[Arm-netbook] getting allwinner SoC support upstream (was Re: Uploading linux (3.9.4-1))

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Fri Jun 7 04:49:13 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 07, 2013 at 09:02:43AM +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
>  ok.  so.  we come back to the question again: what shall i propose to
> them that they consider doing, and what benefit would it be to them to
> do so?
>
>  i cannot go to them and say "you have to do this [insert proposal
> here]" - it has to be more subtle than that.

It seems that you don't have to do anything at all.  From what Arnd and
others have said, they are _already_ talking to, and working with people
in the kernel community to move their code base forward, move to DT, and
they are already starting to send their own patches for the mainline
kernel themselves.