[PATCH v3 0/2] ARM: PJ4B: fixes for 3.10-rc
gregory.clement at free-electrons.com
Thu Jun 6 05:30:42 EDT 2013
This path set allows to fix some errata for PJ4B CPUs.
Without the first one, the Armada 370 based board can't boot anymore
since 3.10-rc1 . So this one really need to be applied on 3.10-rc.
It should be a good thing to apply the other one on the 3.10-rc, even
if we didn't observe get feedback from user who had a problem related
to these errata, it may happen.
Note that currently PJ4B is a symbol for 2 different CPUs:
- the one used in Armada 370 is a PJ4B
- the ones used in Armada XP are actually PJ4B-MP
So I planed to introduce a new symbol PJ4B-MP but for 3.11 as it is
not related to a critical fix. Awaiting these new symbols I made the
errata depends on ARMADA_370 in the Kconfig.
V1 -> V2;
- Fixed various coding style and typo issues
- Replaced the "mcr p15, 0, r0, c7, c10, 4" by "dsb"
- Removed the fix for errata 4611 in discard_old_kernel_data function,
as we don't use it
V2 -> v3:
- As suggested by Russell, the first errata is now applied
dynamically accroding to the processor type
- The second patch use use save/restore IRQ macros following Will's
Gregory CLEMENT (1):
ARM PJ4B: Add support for errata 4742
Lior Amsalem (1):
ARM PJ4B: Add support for errata 4611
arch/arm/Kconfig | 22 ++++++++++++++++++++++
arch/arm/include/asm/glue-proc.h | 9 +++++++++
arch/arm/include/asm/tlbflush.h | 22 ++++++++++++++++++++++
arch/arm/mm/proc-macros.S | 11 +++++++++++
arch/arm/mm/proc-v7.S | 38 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
5 files changed, 97 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
More information about the linux-arm-kernel