Tegra baseline test results for v3.10-rc1

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Wed Jun 5 11:17:44 EDT 2013

On 06/04/2013 11:59 PM, Paul Walmsley wrote:

> Here are some basic Tegra test results for Linux v3.10-rc1.
> Logs and other details at:
>
>     http://www.pwsan.com/tegra/testlogs/test_v3.10-rc1/20130518212204/

Cool. thanks for running these tests. It's very useful.

That URL is 404, although going up one directory manually lets me find
the logs.

I can access all the log files there, but can't download the zImage; I
get permission denied. I can download the .dtb file. Is this deliberate?

http://www.pwsan.com/tegra/testlogs/test_v3.10-rc1/20130519152115/build_z/tegra_defconfig/zImage

I'm curious what the difference is between the "t33beaver" and
"tegra30-beaver" path entries is, in the following URL:

http://www.pwsan.com/tegra/testlogs/test_v3.10-rc1/20130519152115/boot/t33beaver/tegra30-beaver/

It might be better to call this board just "tegra30-beaver" for
consistency with other upstream tools like cbootimage-configs and the
DTB filename.

In the boot logs, I see:

Tegra30 (Beaver) # setenv bootargs 'console=ttyS0,230400n8
lp0_vec=0x00002000 at 0x9C406000 video=tegrafb mem=1023M at 2048M vmalloc=128M
noinitrd usbcore.old_scheme_first=1 core_edp_mv=1300 panel=lvds
tegraid=30.1.2.0.0 debug_uartport=lsport tegra_fbmem=4104K at 0xFF900000
max_cpu_cur_ma=10000 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait gpt'

Most of those options aren't necessary for the upstream kernel.
Unfortunately, our downstream kernel requires a bunch of crufty options,
but upstream doesn't. It might be worth minimizing the set of options
passed to upstream, so there's no possibility that those options ever do
anything; most won't since they're custom options no supported upstream,
but I wonder if e.g. mem, vmalloc, gpt might have negative effects even now.