Planning the merge of KVM/arm64

Marc Zyngier marc.zyngier at arm.com
Wed Jun 5 09:13:59 EDT 2013

On 05/06/13 13:57, Gleb Natapov wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 10:31:46AM +0100, Catalin Marinas wrote:

>>> Right. Catalin should wait for kvm.git to be pulled by Linus next merge
>>> windows before sending his pull request then.
>>
>> I think it's better if I push the bulk of the arm64 KVM branch but
>> without Kconfig patch enabling it. This branch would be based on
>> mainline rather than kvm/next. Once your code goes in mainline, I'll
>> just push the Kconfig entry (for bisection reasons, it could be after
>> -rc1). This would keep the pull-request diffstat cleaner.
>>
> If there will be no non trivial conflicts between your tree and kvm/next
> it should be OK too.

In order to make sure no userspace ABI breakage occur during the merge,
can you please make sure that the following values are reserved:
- Capability KVM_CAP_ARM_EL1_32BIT, 93
- ONE_REG architecture KVM_REG_ARM64, 0x6000000000000000ULL

So far, nothing clashes with it in kvm/next, but I'd like to be 100% sure...

Thanks,

	M.