On mini2440 IO mappings.

mind entropy mindentropy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 05:29:17 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 June 2013 13:11:04 mind entropy wrote:

>> arch/arm/mach-s3c24xx/include/mach/map.h S3C24XX_SZ_IRQ is set to
>> SZ_1M but in the documentation (Pg 1-27 of s3c2440.pdf datasheet) the
>> physical address extends from 0X4A000000 to 0X4A00001C. So shouldn't a
>> size of 4K(small page) or 1K(tiny page) be enough?
>
> Yes, that would be enough, but I think it makes little difference
> either way.

Just to clarify, this would create an overlap i.e. 2 different virtual
address will point to the same physical address right?

> What kind of board port are you doing? New ports would look quite
> different from s3c24xx/mini2440, so it might not be the best
> example to look at.
>
>         Arnd

I am just trying my hand on the minimal bootup of the board. I am
looking at the existing port and trying to write my own. I am using
the 3.9 vanilla kernel with pengutronix patches.