OMAP baseline test results for v3.10-rc6

Nishanth Menon nm at ti.com
Tue Jul 30 16:28:17 EDT 2013

On 07/30/2013 03:23 PM, Paul Walmsley wrote:

> Do you know if anyone ever got serial cold-booting working well for, say,
> OMAP3 and OMAP4 chips?

I had done configuration header based OMAP3 boot[1] once upon a time,
but serial boot straight to kernel, we need a second that gives control
there.. could be done, have'nt heard it done + I dont directly see a
customer usage model for it ("ROI for investment of time") - so doubt
any investment was done.

CH was the closest I could get to avoiding bootloaders in it's entirety.
but the level of interest fell off when there was no viable usage model
for the same.

[1] http://marc.info/?t=127232401100003&r=1&w=2
--
Regards,