OMAP5912 boot broken by "gpio/omap: don't create an IRQ mapping for every GPIO on DT"

Alexander Holler holler at ahsoftware.de
Mon Jul 29 10:52:52 EDT 2013

Am 29.07.2013 14:57, schrieb Santosh Shilimkar:

> With some helps from MMC and other guys, we validated the Linus's tip which includes
> your patches. It actually doesn't break anything and as OMAP hsmmc maintainer
> clarified, the cd-gpios isn't supported yet for DT. While supporting that it
> can use appropriate binding whichever works.
>
> But with OMAP1 breakage reported by Paul, I think we are not left with choice
> but to revert those commits. We *must* respect rc rules for the fixes.
> *No regression*
>
> Thanks for your hardwork to cook up those patches but now Linus's W proposal
> is going to be generic, hopefully the issue can be address better. Till
> then we can't get the ethernet support.

The problem never was just the omap_hsmmc driver. I rather would say all
drivers which do use GPIOs as IRQs were affected.

I've only used the omap_hsmmc driver as example, because that was the
driver I've tried to actually use with sd-cards, which is rather
impossible without having a working CD-signal. And all code was already
there and seems to work (at least during my few tests), so I've just
added an entry to the dts to be able to use a mmc-slot as one would
expect a mmc-slot does work.

If someone wants to test a new feature at the same front, I would
suggest to try it out using gpio-keys. That driver should work on almost
any architecture/platform/hardware which supports gpios and is small
enough to be a good test candidate. Having had a short look at
gpio-keys.c, I think the same problems as with omap_hsmmc would have
been occured when someone had tried to use that driver with 3.11-rc2.

Regards,

Alexander Holler