OMAP2430 SDP boot broken after Linus' rmk merge

Paul Walmsley paul at pwsan.com
Sun Jul 28 01:38:06 EDT 2013

Hi Will,

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013, Will Deacon wrote:

> That's very odd -- I *suspect* your bootloader is up to no good (iirc, we've
> had issues with the bootloader on this machine in the past, since it enters
> the kernel in ABT mode or something).

Maybe you're thinking of the (2420-based) Nokia N800?  The 2430SDP here
uses u-boot:

http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.10-rc7/20130630191558/boot/2430sdp/

> Can you try this quick hack please? It clobbers the I-cache as soon as we
> enter the kernel, so it should tell us whether my theory is correct.

Tried it and still hangs.  Spent some time debugging - turns out it's due
to the extended CP15 register read in cache_ops_need_broadcast().. the
extended regs aren't present on ARM1136 r0* and trigger an undefined
instruction abort :-(  Sorry about that, should have taken the time to
send along an earlyprintk trace.  Patches in a few moments -

- Paul