[PATCH v8 00/12] iommu/exynos: Fixes and Enhancements of System MMU driver with DT
pullip.cho at samsung.com
Fri Jul 26 07:25:42 EDT 2013
The current exynos-iommu(System MMU) driver does not work autonomously
since it is lack of support for power management of peripheral blocks.
For example, MFC device driver must ensure that its System MMU is disabled
before MFC block is power-down not to invalidate IOTLB in the System MMU
when I/O memory mapping is changed. Because A System MMU is resides in the
same H/W block, access to control registers of System MMU while the H/W
block is turned off must be prohibited.
This set of changes solves the above problem with setting each System MMUs
as the parent of the device which owns the System MMU to recieve the
information when the device is turned off or turned on.
Another big change to the driver is the support for devicetree.
The bindings for System MMU is described in
In addition, this patchset also includes several bug fixes and enhancements
of the current driver.
- Reordered patch list: moved "change rwloc to spinlock" to the last.
- Fixed remained bug in "fix page table maintenance".
- Always return 0 from exynos_iommu_attach_device().
- Removed prefetch buffer setting when System MMU is enabled
due to the restriction of prefetch buffers:
A prefetch buffer must not hit from more than one DMA.
For instance with GScalers, if a single prefetch buffer is initialized
with 0x0 ~ 0xFFFFFFFF and a GScaler works on source buffer at 0x10000000
and target buffer @ 0x20000000, the System MMU may be got deadlock.
Clients must initialize prefetch buffers with custom function defined
in exynos-iommu drivers whenever they need to enable prefetch buffers.
- The clock of System MMU has no relationship with the clock of its master H/W.
The clock of master H/W is always enabled when exynos-iommu driver needs to
access MMIO area and disabled as soon as the access finishes.
- Removed err_page variable used in exynos_iommu_unmap() in the previous patch
"fix page table maintenance".
- Split a big patch "add bus notifier for registering System MMU".
Extracted the following 2 patches: 9/12 and 10/12.
- And some additional fixes...
- Rebased on the stable 3.10
- Registered PM domains and gate clocks with DT
- Changed connection method between a System MMU and its master H/W
'mmu-master' property in the node of System MMU
--> 'iommu' property in the node of master H/W
- Marking device descriptor of master H/W of a System MMU with bus notifier.
- Power management (PM_RUNTIME, PM_SLEEP) of System MMUs with gpd_dev_ops
of Generic IO Powerdomain. gpd_dev_ops are set to the master H/Ws
before they are probed in the bus notifier.
- Removed additional debugging features like debugfs entries and
- Removed support for advanced features of System MMU 3.2 and 3.3
the current IOMMU API cannot handle the feature
(A kind of L2 TLB that fetches several consequence page table entries.
It must be initialized by the driver of master H/W whenever it works.)
- Rebased on the branch, next/iommu-exynos of
- new bugfix: patch 01
- Reordered patches
* patch 01 ~ 05: Bugfix and enhancements of the existing driver
* patch 06 ~ 10: Device Tree support and callbacks for power management
* patch 11 : System MMU 3.2 and 3.3 support
* patch 12 ~ 14: Debugging features
- Additional code compaction
- Remove Change-Id from v3 patches
- Change the order of the third and the first patch
Thanks to Kukjin Kim.
- Fix memory leak when allocating and assigning exynos_iommu_owner to client
device if the client device has multiple System MMUs.
Thanks to Rahul Sharma.
- Fix prefetch buffer flag definition for System MMU 3.3 (patch 10/12)
- Fix incorrect setting for SET_RUNTIME_PM_OPS (patch 09/12)
Thanks to Prathyush.
- Split the patch to iommu/exynos into 9 patches
- Support for System MMU 3.3
- Some code compaction
[PATCH v8 01/12] iommu/exynos: do not include removed header
[PATCH v8 02/12] iommu/exynos: add missing cache flush for removed page table entries
[PATCH v8 03/12] iommu/exynos: fix page table maintenance
[PATCH v8 04/12] iommu/exynos: allocate lv2 page table from own slab
[PATCH v8 05/12] clk: exynos5250: add gate clock descriptions of System MMU
[PATCH v8 06/12] ARM: dts: Add description of System MMU of Exynos SoCs
[PATCH v8 07/12] iommu/exynos: support for device tree
[PATCH v8 08/12] iommu/exynos: remove prefetch buffer setting when enabling System MMU
[PATCH v8 09/12] iommu/exynos: remove custom fault handler
[PATCH v8 10/12] iommu/exynos: add bus notifier for registering System MMU
[PATCH v8 11/12] iommu/exynos: change rwlock to spinlock
[PATCH v8 12/12] iommu/exynos: return 0 if iommu_attach_device() successes
.../devicetree/bindings/clock/exynos5250-clock.txt | 28 +-
.../bindings/iommu/samsung,exynos4210-sysmmu.txt | 103 ++
arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos4.dtsi | 122 +++
arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos4210.dtsi | 25 +
arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos4x12.dtsi | 76 ++
arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5250.dtsi | 291 ++++++
drivers/clk/samsung/clk-exynos5250.c | 57 +-
drivers/iommu/Kconfig | 5 +-
drivers/iommu/exynos-iommu.c | 1033 +++++++++++++-------
9 files changed, 1398 insertions(+), 342 deletions(-)
More information about the linux-arm-kernel