[ANNOUNCE] mvebu tree move

Jason Cooper jason at lakedaemon.net
Thu Jul 25 15:24:14 EDT 2013

All,

We have set up a group tree for the mvebu maintainers to collaboratively
break. ;-)  The new tree can be found at:

  git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu.git

The old tree has been cleaned up a bit and will not be used for mainlining
work.

While I have your attention, here's a quick breakdown of the branch
layout:

# patches for -stable trees, branches are based on a common ancestor, eg
# v3.10 for stable-3.10.x

  mvebu/stable-*

# patches for the current merge window (currently, v3.11-rcX)

  mvebu/fixes

# patches the next merge window (currently v3.12)

  mvebu/fixes-non-critical
  mvebu/cleanup
  mvebu/drivers
  mvebu/soc
  mvebu/boards
  mvebu/defconfig
  mvebu/dt

# a merge of all mvebu/* branches for pulling into linux-next for
# testing.  ** rebased frequently **

  for-next

wrt to stability of branches, mvebu/* branches can be considered stable
up to *signed* tags we have sent PRs for.  Once a branch is pulled into
arm-soc it *can't* be changed because that will cause heartache and
discontent in linux-next between mvebu and arm-soc.

Thanks to David Woodhouse for setting this up on git.infradead.org for
us.

thx,

Jason.