Mainline kernel on snowball

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Thu Jul 25 05:27:41 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 7:23 AM, Simon Horman <horms at verge.net.au> wrote:

> I would like to boot the mainline kernel - ideally v3.10 and v3.11-rcX -
> on snowball. The reason being to verify CPU hotplug which
> seems to be broken on shmobile, though that is tangential to this post.

I usually compile my kernel with this makefile:
http://www.df.lth.se/~triad/krad/makefiles/u8500.mak

It appends an initramfs and it appends a DTB (if you compile it
with config-dt and build-dt) and need nothing from any FS or
similar.

But the way it looks up compilers and initramfs etc is a bit
custom I gues ... you have a copy of my initramfs here:
http://www.df.lth.se/~triad/krad/ux00/rootfs-u8500.cpio

Yours,
Linus Walleij