MAX7301 GPIO: Do not force SPI speed when using OF Platform

Roland Stigge stigge at antcom.de
Wed Jul 24 06:19:05 EDT 2013

Hi,

commit 047b93a35961f7a6561e6f5dcb040738f822b892 introduced the following
to gpio-max7301.c:

	/* bits_per_word cannot be configured in platform data */
-	spi->bits_per_word = 16;
+	if (spi->dev.platform_data)
+		spi->bits_per_word = 16;
 	ret = spi_setup(spi);

Comment is: "The bit_per_word can be set in the OF Device tree, so no
need to force it as with the platform_data when using OF Platform"

Can you please point me to the respective OF option? I couldn't find it
under drivers/spi/spi* or Documentation/devicetree/bindings/spi/*.

Thanks in advance,

Roland