updates for be8 patch series

Ben Dooks ben.dooks at codethink.co.uk
Tue Jul 23 13:40:18 EDT 2013

On 23/07/13 18:24, Victor Kamensky wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Wrt BE8 little endian instructions you will need to fix couple more places:
>      ftrace arch/arm/kernel/ftrace.c
>      kprobes arch/arm/kernel/kprobes.c
> Also in big endian mode atomic64_xxx function will need fixes, otherwise
> perf
> counters will be truncated on max of 32bit values
>      atomic64 arch/arm/include/asm/atomic.h

Hmm, thought ftrace already did the right endian-ness conversions,
although it is possible it could have missed one.

The atomic instructions should work fine for BE8, they're using
STRD which should be correct.

--
Ben Dooks				http://www.codethink.co.uk/
Senior Engineer				Codethink - Providing Genius