preempted dup_mm misses TLB invalidate

Nickolas Fortino nfortino at nvidia.com
Wed Jul 17 21:48:37 EDT 2013

On 7/17/2013 2:21 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> I'm
> willing to bet that the behaviour you observe on ARM is inherently visible
> on many of the other Linux architectures.

Based on the discussion from this thread, I agree there is nothing
architecture specific here. This behavior also appears legal, so long as
any page with write permissions in the TLB is considered dirty in the
linux PTE structure.

I had missed the specification for fork() is silent on what happens to
MAP_PRIVATE memory modifications which occur during the execution of
fork(); it merely specifies what happens to writes which occur prior to
fork being called and after fork returns.