Single zImage and A15/LPAE

Kukjin Kim kgene.kim at samsung.com
Tue Jul 16 00:01:18 EDT 2013

Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 May 2013, Catalin Marinas wrote:
> > > I think to do this right, we need to treat ARMv7+LPAE as a separate
> > > architecture level, just like we treat ARMv6, ARMv7 as separate
> > > compatible architectures. BTW, is there an official name for that
> > > architecture?
> >
> > The official is Large Physical Address Extension which is an extension
> > to ARMv7, so not a new architecture.
>
> Ah, too bad. I had hoped there were still postfixes like v6K or v4T.
> I guess there is no complete list of ARMv7 extensions anywhere, right?

Just note, EXYNOS4 SoCs and EXYNOS5250 cannot boot when LPAE is enabled so I
think, single zImage should be handled separately for non-LPAE and LPAE. I
need to sort out EXYNOS SoCs for it and prepare registering
exynos5440_defconfig. Of course, EXYNOS5440 can be supported without LPAE
enabling but current bootargs in v3.11-rc1 break the kernel booting.

Thanks,
- Kukjin