Call for testing/opinions: Optimized memset/memcpy

Harm Hanemaaijer fgenfb at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 14 09:59:57 EDT 2013

Russell King - ARM Linux <linux <at> arm.linux.org.uk> writes:

> You're making wrong assumptions about what L1_CACHE_BYTES is.

Thanks for the clarification. I have been focused too much on the concept
of a kernel image customized for a single device.

I can see how having to support multiple platforms with a single kernel
image makes things more difficult, especially when trying to optimize for
something. I will have to think about how to manage this when trying to
optimize memcpy-related functions.