DT binding review for Armada display subsystem

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Sat Jul 13 13:38:47 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 08:25:15AM -0600, Daniel Drake wrote:
> I guess the IRE falls into the same category as the DCON - we won't
> implement it for now, but knowing where it might fit in is useful.

I don't see much need at the moment for IRE.  IRE isn't going to be
useful for general graphics rotation as it only supports up to 16bpp
RGB.

It looks to me like this module was designed to rotate YUV/camera
images.  If we wanted to rotate a video image, then it would probably
be more efficient to use this, but it will cause a conversion of the
image format in doing so.