NSA310 + DT

Andrew Lunn andrew at lunn.ch
Wed Jul 10 12:53:42 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 06:40:43PM +0200, Tibor Harsszegi wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
>
> I did a:
>
> ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- make clean
> ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- make kirkwood_defconfig
> ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- make zImage
> ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- make dtbs
> cat arch/arm/boot/zImage arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-nsa310-tdc.dtb > /tmp/X
> mv /tmp/X arch/arm/boot/zImage
> ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- make uImage
> ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- make modules
>
> [attached .config]
>
> copied the uImage over the NSA310, rebooted.
> Good news: console is back

Great. Probably was OF_SERIAL_PLATFORM

> Bad news: LEDs still don't work (all green), kernel stops (tried
> forcing rootfstype=ext4, didn't help)

Ah, O.k. EXT4 is not part of kirkwood_defconfig. Hence it cannot mount
the root fs.

Please could you use make menuconfig and include it into the kernel
image. I will also update the patch later.

LEDs are not working because the GPIO driver is not loading.
I will see if i can spot an obvious typo etc.

  Andrew