CPU hotplug issue w/ 0647065 clocksource: Add generic dummy timer driver

Stephen Boyd sboyd at codeaurora.org
Tue Jul 9 12:35:18 EDT 2013

On 07/09, Stephen Warren wrote:
> On 07/08/2013 06:58 PM, Stephen Boyd wrote:
> > On 07/08, Stephen Warren wrote:
> >> CPU hotplug (replug) on Tegra HW seems to be occasionally broken due to
> >> commit 0647065 "clocksource: Add generic dummy timer driver" in
> >> linux-next. Reverting that commit solves the issue.
> >
> > We found some breakage during boot that has been fixed by two
> > commits in linus' tree already. Do you know if you have these two
> > patches
> >
> > 1f73a9806bdd07a5106409bbcab3884078bd34fe
> > 07bd1172902e782f288e4d44b1fde7dec0f08b6f
>
> I didn't before since I was using next-20130705, but I just tried
> next-20130709 which does have those two commits, and I still see the issue.

Ok can you get the output of /proc/timer_list and send it back
please? I assume you have TWD and those should all be in the
per-cpu slots and the broadcast timer should be your tegra specific
timer.

The odd thing is that you're seeing periodic mode for the
broadcast which doesn't make any sense. I would expect oneshot
mode and tick_handle_oneshot_broadcast to be the handler.

hosted by The Linux Foundation