Handling ARM_ERRATA_364296 when CONFIG_SMP=y

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 14:16:34 EDT 2013

Hi Catalin,

On commit 145e10e1 (ARM: 7015/1: ARM errata: Possible cache data
corruption with hit-under-miss enabled) you added support for
ARM_ERRATA_364296 option:

+config ARM_ERRATA_364296
+       bool "ARM errata: Possible cache data corruption with
hit-under-miss enabled"
+       depends on CPU_V6 && !SMP
+       help

As this erratum affects mx31/mx35, I would like to enable it, but I am
not allowed to do it because mx31/mx35 share the same config file as
mx6 (imx_v6_v7_defconfig), which has SMP turned on.

What would be the correct approach for applying this erratum?

Is it safe to do "depends on CPU_V6" only or should this erratum be
handled in the bootloader?

Regards,

Fabio Estevam