v3.10 - big endian core support

jgq516 at gmail.com jgq516 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 05:51:59 EDT 2013

On 07/08/2013 04:49 PM, Will Deacon wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 06:39:21AM +0100, jgq516 at gmail.com wrote:
>> On 07/01/2013 07:03 PM, Ben Dooks wrote:
>>> The latest big-endian changes, now on:
>>>
>>> 	git://git.baserock.org/delta/linux baserock/311/be/core
>>>
>>> This has a minor fix from the last version where a rebase missed a change
>>> in the smp_scu code.
>>>
>> Hello Ben,
>>
>> Thanks for you patches at first. I can boot BE kernel on vexpress a15 tc2
>> board with LPAE disabled.
>>
>> However if enable LPAE, kernel seems hang after turn on mmu on since
>> printascii can't output any character in __mmap_switched.
>> Did you happen to try BE kernel with LPAE enabled before? or am I missed
>> something?
> Well, I hacked head.S recently to fix booting with LPAE and BE8, but I was
> unable to test early console since I was using virtio-console. It could be
> that the page table entries mapping the uart aren't quite right, but no
> obvious issues jump out from looking at the code.
Good to know you tried LPAE and BE8, and I can test the hack code if you
wish.
> How much visibility do you have on your platform?
The printascii can output before "b __enable_mmu", after move it to
__mmap_switched, nothing can be printed. But if disable LPAE, printascii
works again in __mmap_switched.
>   Can you take a look at the page table entries and check they look ok please?
Sorry, do you mean the section of __create_page_tables? could you please
elaborate it?

Thanks,
Xiao