[PATCH V5 0/4] Generic PHY driver for the Exynos SoC DP PHY
jg1.han at samsung.com
Sun Jul 7 22:54:48 EDT 2013
This patch series adds a simple driver for the Samsung Exynos SoC
series DP transmitter PHY, using the generic PHY framework .
Previously the DP PHY used an internal DT node to control the PHY
power enable bit.
These patches was tested on Exynos5250.
This PATCH v5 follows:
* PATCH v4, sent on July, 2nd 2013
* PATCH v3, sent on July, 1st 2013
* PATCH v2, sent on June, 28th 2013
* PATCH v1, sent on June, 28th 2013
Changes between v4 and v5:
* Marked original bindings as deprecated in 'exynos_dp.txt'
* Fixed typo of commit message.
* Added Tomasz Figa's Reviewed-by.
Changes between v3 and v4:
* Added OF dependancy.
* Removed redundant local variable 'void __iomem *addr'.
* Removed unnecessary dev_set_drvdata().
* Added a patch that remove non-DT support for Exynos
Display Port driver.
* Removed unnecessary 'struct exynos_dp_platdata'.
* Kept supporting the original bindings for DT compatibility.
Changes between v2 and v3:
* Removed redundant spinlock
* Removed 'struct phy' from 'struct exynos_dp_video_phy'
* Updated 'samsung-phy.txt', instead of creating
* Removed unnecessary additional specifier from 'phys'
* Added 'phys', 'phy-names' properties to 'exynos_dp.txt' file.
* Added Felipe Balbi's Acked-by.
Changes between v1 and v2:
* Replaced exynos_dp_video_phy_xlate() with of_phy_simple_xlate(),
as Kishon Vijay Abraham I guided.
* Set the value of phy-cells as 0, because the phy_provider implements
only one PHY.
* Removed unnecessary header include.
* Added '#ifdef CONFIG_OF' and of_match_ptr macro.
This series depends on the generic PHY framework . These patches
refer to Sylwester Nawrocki's patches about Exynos MIPI .
Jingoo Han (4):
ARM: dts: Add DP PHY node to exynos5250.dtsi
phy: Add driver for Exynos DP PHY
video: exynos_dp: remove non-DT support for Exynos Display Port
video: exynos_dp: Use the generic PHY driver
.../devicetree/bindings/phy/samsung-phy.txt | 8 ++
.../devicetree/bindings/video/exynos_dp.txt | 18 +++++++++---------
arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5250.dtsi | 13 ++++++++-----
drivers/phy/Kconfig | 6 ++
drivers/phy/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/phy/phy-exynos-dp-video.c | 111 ++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/video/exynos/Kconfig | 2 +-
drivers/video/exynos/exynos_dp_core.c | 132 +++++++----------------------
drivers/video/exynos/exynos_dp_core.h | 110 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/video/exynos/exynos_dp_reg.c | 2 -
include/video/exynos_dp.h | 131 ---------------------------------
11 files changed, 291 insertions(+), 243 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 drivers/phy/phy-exynos-dp-video.c
delete mode 100644 include/video/exynos_dp.h
More information about the linux-arm-kernel