OMAP baseline test results for v3.10-rc6

Paul Walmsley paul at pwsan.com
Wed Jul 3 15:51:09 EDT 2013

On Tue, 2 Jul 2013, Nishanth Menon wrote:

> On 07/01/2013 11:29 PM, Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately it wouldn't have caught the problem, since, as I mentioned
in the E-mail you quoted, I build from a fresh tree each time.  So there
was no previous DTB.  This wasn't caught here because 'cat' was copying
over the kernel to its standard output, even though it was returning an
error, and I wasn't checking the 'cat' return value.  This is obviously
being remedied here.

Also will modify the build scripts to output each command as it's being
run.

As far as Lokesh's patch goes: it doesn't make sense to me to remove a
file during 'make clean' that the build process doesn't create.  So while
I understand the motivation for the patch, and don't mind if upstream
takes it, I personally wouldn't care to ack it.

- Paul