[RFC] Add .dts file for Netgear ReadyNAS 102

Arnaud Ebalard arno at natisbad.org
Tue Jul 2 17:48:08 EDT 2013

Hi,

Jason Cooper <jason at lakedaemon.net> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 07:22:34PM +0200, Arnaud Ebalard wrote:
>> Hi,

>> > bummer.

>> > So, Arnaud, how do you feel about tackling the nand driver based on the
>> > sources you have and the pointers above?
>>
>> Sadly, I do not have enough spare time to work on this: at the moment, I
>> intend to focus on writing a clean driver for ISL 12057 RTC/Alarm chip
>> and get it accepted for 3.12.
>
> more bummer.  Willy, mind posting what you have?  Arnaud, do you have a
> link to the source code for your device?  And have you found the code
> they started with?

The code NETGEAR provides for ReadyNAS 102 is a (lightly) modified
version of KW40 LSP release 3.1.0-NQ. This is basically a 3.0.X kernel
(X=6 for Marvell LSP, X=56 in NETGEAR's tarball), with some 1,133,970
(no typo) lines patches on top of it:

 http://www.readynas.com/download/GPL/other/linux-ntgr-3.0.56.tar.xz

A quick look provides the following:

$ wc -l arch/arm/plat-armada/mv_drivers_lsp/mv_mtd/nand_nfc.c
1761 arch/arm/plat-armada/mv_drivers_lsp/mv_mtd/nand_nfc.c

$ head -10 arch/arm/plat-armada/mv_drivers_lsp/mv_mtd/nand_nfc.c
/*
 * nand_nfc.c
 *
 * Copyright c 2005 Intel Corporation
 * Copyright c 2006 Marvell International Ltd.
 *
 * This driver is based on the PXA drivers/mtd/nand/pxa3xx_nand.c
 *
 * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as

Which matches what Thomas wrote in a previous email regarding pwa3xx
base.

Cheers,

a+