[RFC] Add .dts file for Netgear ReadyNAS 102

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jul 2 09:14:07 EDT 2013

Dear Jason Cooper,

On Tue, 2 Jul 2013 08:46:39 -0400, Jason Cooper wrote:

> > In the end, the main missing part is the NAND but I guess this is the
> > same for all Aramda 370/XP boards and this is not a big issue as it is
> > still possible to interact w/ it via u-boot and install a set of
> > uImage/uInitramfs that way.
>
> What's the big blocker for this?  Once this is done, debian should be
> able to add support for this board.  After all, upgrading the kernel and
> initrd from userspace is a desirable option.

The big blocker is that no-one has written  the driver for it. It is
still on our (Free Electrons) TODO-list, but not as a top-priority item
for the moment.

Ezequiel had started to do some preliminary cleanup work on the
pxa3xx-nand driver, with the ultimate goal of making it support Armada
370/XP (because the IP in the Armada 370/XP is apparently an evolution
of the PXA3xx NAND controller), but our priorities shifted to those
other topics. We will back on it some day, but I can't say when at the
moment.

Best regards,

Thomas
--