Commit 384a290283fde63ba8dc671fca5420111cdac19a seems to break 11MPCore boot

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Wed Jan 30 13:03:31 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 12:30:06PM -0500, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> That should probably be:
>
> 	u32 mask;
>
> 	for (i = 0; i < 32; i += 4) {
> 		mask = readl_relaxed(base + GIC_DIST_TARGET + i);
> 		mask |= (mask >> 16);
> 		mask |= (mask >> 8);
> 		if (mask)
> 			return mask;
> 	}
>
> I know that the spec says that the GIC should accept byte sized
> accesses, but that too is known not to work on all implementations.

Well, it really doesn't make that much difference... because from what
I can see the kernel is rather sodded up as it currently stands.

There was a time when the kernel ran on the ARM Realview EB.  But it
doesn't today...

Why is it when I walk away from anything kernel related and then come
back to it, it's always sodded up and rather terminally broken?