[BUG] snowball board locks up on boot

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Tue Jan 29 18:03:45 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Steven Rostedt <rostedt at goodmis.org> wrote:

> I tried to get my snowball board working on the latest kernel, but it
> locks up hard very early on boot up.
>
> I bisected it down to this commit:
>
> commit ebc96db7632f987e0b9bffcb782cf5cfb8afb0dd
> Author: Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson at linaro.org>
> Date:   Mon Aug 27 15:45:53 2012 +0200
>
>     ARM: ux500: Switch to use common clock framework

Yeah the new common clock framework is a bit like a heart
transplant on the platforms you convert, some fallout is expected.

However I thought we had all the clk fixes covered by -rc4 :-(

I don't have a Snowball right now myself, so have to ask
for help here (non snowball ux500's work just fine for me).

Lee, are you still booting the Snowball on new kernels
everyday, and do you know if some fix is still missing?

Yours,
Linus Walleij