[RFC] arm: use built-in byte swap function

Borislav Petkov bp at alien8.de
Tue Jan 29 12:42:49 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 04:46:58PM +0000, Woodhouse, David wrote:
> If we're really going to have many different architectures depending
> on different versions of GCC for this (if it wasn't sane to use
> it from 4.4/4.8 when it got introduced, and depends on some later
> arch-specific optimisation), then perhaps we'll have the arch
> provide the corresponding required GCC_VERSION for using each of
> 64/32/16 bit builtins, instead of just a yes/no flag? Or just define
> __HAVE_BUILTIN_BSWAPxx__ for itself, perhaps?

Damn, there's already the __powerpc__ thing in there.

Yeah, something like defininig __HAVE_BUILTIN_BSWAPxx__ makes sense and
can keep the header arch-agnostic without growing all those different
arch defines.

But I liked your other suggestion better to get the offending compilers
fixed.

I dunno though, how generically is stuff like that getting implemented
for every arch so probably single arches doing __HAVE* defines is
probably going to be the realizable solution in the end.

Hmmm.

--
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.