[GIT PULL v2] arm-soc: Xilinx zynq timer changes for v3.9

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Mon Jan 28 07:34:46 EST 2013

Hi,

2013/1/28 Olof Johansson <olof at lixom.net>:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 04:48:43PM +0100, Michal Simek wrote:
>> Hi Arnd and Olof,
>>
>> can you please look at this pull request?
>
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the delay. I was out sick part of last week and dealing with
> backlog when I got back on my feet. Doing a sweep of pull requests now.

ah ok.

> Two comments.
>
> 1. mach-pxa/time.c conflict resolution doesn't seem right -- you for some
>    reason deleted the suspend/resume struct members from the
>    clock_event_device.

grrr. You are right,

> 2. Below:
>
>> > Soren Brinkmann (7):
>> >       arm: zynq: timer: Replace PSS through PS
>
> This is pure churn. :( We can't keep renaming things in the kernel just
> because some document writer decides to change a term, we tend to stick
> to what's already there. As long as it's not completely misleading, at least.
>

> I' shortly  push a new "depends/cleanup" branch to arm-soc. It essentially
> contains the next/cleanup contents that you merged together yourself,
> but as a branch that you can just pull in. Since others might need to
> do the same, providing the branch from us just makes sense.
>
> So, can you please rebase on top of that and send a fresh pull request? If
> you really want the PSS->PS rename included I'll give you a first-time
> pass for it but please keep it in mind for the future.

I tend to keep this patch in the tree but I will keep this in my mind.
I believe that only this mainline timer driver contains it and all new patches
which come soon will just use PS instead of PSS.

I will send updated pull request.
There will be one more patch "arm: zynq: Add missing irqchip.h to common.c"
because of compilation error introduced by the last merge around git changes.

btw: I want to also add maintainer fragment and defconfig update(sent by Josh)
Which branch should I use?

Thanks,
Michal

--